Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Quick Look Into the Mind of Brad

The other day I heard a song that I hadn't heard since I was probably 12 years old.  I was surprised that I remembered every word.  It got me thinking about my brain.  I think everyone has a limited memory, I don't know what that capacity is, but I think it has to exist even for my superior mind.  So I started thinking about all the song lyrics, movie quotes, and other useless knowledge I have stored in there.  I wonder what childhood memories I have forced out of my memory over the years as I have filled my mind with this garbage.  As I thought about that, I was reminded of the following Simpsons quote: (my mind is full of them)

Homer: ...Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and I forgot how to drive?

Marge: That's because you were drunk...

Homer: And how!

5 comments:

  1. I know that 95% of my brain is filled with useless information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic simpsons reference. Kristy will be so proud

    So you really weren't kidding about your blog "business" huh? How's the ad thing working for ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe it was my advance storage of movie quotes/song lyrics that did leave enough room in my brain to learn to ride a bike? interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't help, but wonder what song you were singing... could it have been .. " the chinese chicken, bought a drumstick and brain stops tickin', watchin' x-files with no lights on..." I remember you knew every word to that song in middle school :)I still can't remember the name.

    ReplyDelete