Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lake Powell

This summer I was fortunate enough to go to Lake Powell twice. That’s pretty good considering I was taking full-time classes all summer long. For those of you that have never been or don’t know what Lake Powell is, it is the ultimate lake. The water is deep, clear, and warm and the surrounding area is incredibly beautiful.
Before this summer I had been to Lake Powell once and it was arguably the worst week of my life. I won’t get into the details of why the trip was so bad but it started off with me towing our boat 18 hours to lake Powell and then it not working, so you can imagine how the rest of the week went. This ruined my opinion of Lake Powell and I never understood why Utah people loved it so much. I just kind of thought it was like Brian Reagan or cactus cooler, Utah people love them, but they are both terrible.
Luckily both trips this summer went much better than the first and I had a lot of fun.

One of the coolest things about Lake Powell are the incredible houseboats. Every houseboat has a name on the back and they are usually something clever.




Here are some examples of houseboat names I have seen:


Dreamweaver (Makes me think of Wayne’s World http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSfbGZXFM4k

Livin’ the Dream (Not bad)

Just For Fun (lame)

Sotally Tober (Kinda funny but not very classy)

Patriot

Toys R Us (Ehh)

Powellin’ Around (Cute but lame)

Friendship (Lamest name ever)

Drug Money (Again pretty funny but can you feel right taking kids on a boat called Drug Money?)

Ever since then I have spent numerous science lectures thinking about what I would name my boat if I had one and these are some I came up with…

Heliophobia or Hydrophobia (Fear of the sun or water) I thought this one was pretty clever but dumber friends might not get it

Business Expense – I might have actually seen this one I wasn’t sure but I’m just gonna pretend that I made it up.

Wish You Were Here- Like the Incubus song

Straight Floating on a Boat- I think this is one of the funniest songs ever written

Money Buys Happiness- Ever seen someone frowning on a jet ski? Didn’t think so…

Only In Dreams- Like the Weezer song

Thug Life- Anyone that knows me well would probably agree that there is no better way to describe the way I live

Justification for Higher Education- This is actually stolen from a poster but I thought it would be perfect for my boat.

School Is For Fools Look At Me!!!- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz-6-MfpsJo

I thought these were all pretty clever but there was one that stood out above them all and would definitely be on the back of my boat. It is actually a quote from Vikings’ receiver Randy Moss. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL so the reporters asked him how he was going to pay it and this is what he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-aAitwm_yo

Well said Randy, well said.

7 comments:

  1. When you buy a sweet houseboat you can name it whatever you please as long as I am an always invited guest.

    It's gonna be awesome to be your friend if you ever get around to being rich. Already looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great boat names brad. I really liked "Business Expense" I think that one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad a blogger? No way! I love it. I can't believe I made the #1 spot. I am so honored. I have a sneaky suspicion that it was purely to secure your spot in the inheritance line - but I'll take it. Your boat name post is awesome. I look forward to many more.

    However, I was not thrilled with your recent FB post about not liking girls. (Don't you love having your mom on FB!) If you're unsure whether it is an appropriate post or not (and this goes for everyone on FB) ask yourself this question, "Does this sound like something Corbin Earl would post?" If the answer is yes, then do not post that thing.

    Love ya Corbin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaa. funny post. but I LOVE your mom's "corbin comment"...now that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what's funny Mom? Corbin was using my computer and he was the one that made that post! Haha maybe my next blog will be about how much I love my cousin Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so much better! You just saved yourself a myriad of lectures. All I need to tell you is keep Corbin away from your computer. That was easy!

    Still love ya Corbin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you just ruined any chance you had of ever setting foot on my houseboat. And you forgot the best name, "Boat-acious." At least it's my personal favorite.

    And Corbin is lame.

    ReplyDelete